Thursday 3 February 2011

Superbowl

Last year I was lucky enough to be in America to watch the Superbowl. A huge American tradition (they look at you like an alien if you say you're not watching it), advertisers spend millions of dollars buying advertising space during the ad breaks. People watch the Superbowl sometimes just for the adverts, seeing the actual game of football in the middle as a bit of an inconvenience.

As an outsider I found them fascinating. Advertisers really step up their games for the Superbowl, and it is clear to see. I thought I would share some of my favourite adverts from the 2010 Superbowl. One is for Audi Cars and focuses on the issue of being environmentally friendly. The other is for a company called ETrade. This advert still makes me laugh, mainly just for the last line (they actually got sued for this advert.. you will guess why).

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment