Sunday 6 February 2011

After All, In The End, Just Pretend

A few years ago my sister introduced me to this beautiful song. I didn't know much about The Bens but after hearing this I had a listen to a few more songs and loved them. I had heard Ben Lee whilst living in Australia (he wrote one of the most catchy songs of all time called Catch My Disease, look it up) but did not know anything about The Bens as a collective.

The lyrics sum up probably most people's lives. Life is unpredictable, bad things happen, but just make do and mend. Make do and mend is my personal motto. Parents break up, people die, you lose friends and things go wrong. Things will be bad for a while but will eventually pick themselves up. Just pretend in your mind that things will be OK. Your brain is the most useful tool that you have. In recent years I have been able to train myself to not take things as read and also to be able to not over analyse when things go wrong.

So here it is, Just Pretend by The Bens.

No comments:

Post a Comment