Thursday 3 February 2011

The One

Recently I have been thinking about soulmates. Well no, not necessarily, more of a musing over whether there is a certain person for everyone, and how do you know when you've met them.

I am the type of person who can't make an impulse decision. If I go out to buy a pair of jeans I will go in one shop, try some on, then go to about five more shops before returning to the first. I always wonder how I will make that decision over a man. Will I know I have met 'the one', or will I panic, go somewhere else and wish I could return to the first? My Mum claimed that sometimes you just know, but I'm not so sure. I know how my brain works, and I know that as much as I'll want to stay with someone I am totally in love with I will always be thinking, 'What if?'.

By the time this happens I hope that I will use my brain, make a decision, and then stick with it. I am a big romantic at heart. I look forward to a time when I can happily devote myself to one person, and will hopefully know when that right time is. I guess only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment