Monday 28 February 2011

Forgotten Music

After a complete phone memory card malfunction the other week which resulted in me losing all my music from my phone, I had the arduous task of putting all the music back on there. It took a very long time of searching through my external hard drive judging which music was good enough to grace my phone, but it was also entirely worth the time and effort.

My external hard drive is probably not used by me as much as it should be even though the phrase, 'Yep, completely backed everything up...' runs off my lips more times than it should due to sheer embarrassment. Anyway, I digress. The great thing about my external hard drive is it contains hundreds of songs that I had downloaded or copied on to my dad's computer when I was about 15. Going through the hard drive I discovered songs that I completely forgot existed, songs which at the time were probably my favourite songs, in the world, ever.

This is one of the joys of the digital music age. You can have song that lies dormant for years then find it on some old device and fall in love all over again. Over the last few days I have been enjoying the sounds of Milburn, The Rapture, The Bravery, The Departure and all the other bands who I adored when I was 16 (to my shame I also found LMC and U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above. We can't all be musically perfect)

So I thought I would share with you some of my forgotten youth, the music that shaped how I am today, and also probably annoyed my mum a great deal due to it always being played on repeat.

Enjoy!

The Bravery - Honest Mistake

Milburn - Lipstick Lickin'

The Departure - Be My Enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment