Monday 28 February 2011

I'll Tell You A Secret...

Everyone has one. You have one, I have one, we all have a TV programme we feel guilty about liking. If you say you don't then I simply do not believe you.

I have a few of these guilty little pleasures, one of them being Bad Girls. Judge me all you like, it's not like I don't already judge myself for watching this awful programme, but I simply can't stop myself. It is addictive. They hook you in by showing you highlights from the next episode at the end; ''YVONNE CALLS SOMEONE A NONCE AND PUNCHES HER IN THE FACE', 'CRYSTAL AND JOSH NEARLY GET CAUGHT DOING IT IN A CUPBOARD', 'HOLLAMBY MOANS AT SOME PRISONERS'.

I get excited to see what tragic event will happen next. This is when I realise how sad my life really is, that the highlight of my day is going to bed and watching an episode of a drama set in a women's prison. There are never any real stories, just a lot of angry women either copping off with one of the prison guards, or a prison guard going insane because men don't fancy her, (for anyone interested, I couldn't believe that Di slept with Gina's boyfriend, and now Gina's just found out she's pregnant AND that her boyfriend cheated on her, poor love).

But still I simply cannot stop watching. I want to see the two Julie's dithering about finishing each others sentences, and Babs finally getting out of the nick, and to see Crystal and Josh go off and have a happy life together outside of prison. I think as long as you admit to yourself that a programme is rubbish then it makes it just that bit more acceptable.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go and finish series 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment