Thursday 6 January 2011

Myers-Briggs Test

I recently did a Myers-Briggs test to see what type of personality I have. Developed during World War 2, it helped women who were entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the sort of war-time jobs where they would be "most comfortable and effective".


Understanding how you process information, deal with people and work through problems is an important part of life. Once you understand why you do these things, it can help you in you in your everyday business.


I have done a number of these tests and have discovered I am ENFP:

Extraverted

Intuitive

Feeling

Perceiving

People who are the type ENFP are apparently: initiators of change, keenly perceptive of possibilities. They energise and stimulate others through their contagious enthusiasm. They prefer the start-up phase of a project or relationship, and are tireless in the pursuit of new-found interests. ENFPs are able to anticipate the needs of others and to offer them needed help and appreciation. They bring zest, joy, liveliness, and fun to all aspects of their lives. They are at their best in fluid situations that allow them to express their creativity and use their charisma. They tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfill their expectations. They are easily frustrated if a project requires a great deal of follow-up or attention to detail.

Although most of this is true of me, I obviously do not fit rigorously into all of these, but knowing how and why I react to certain situations in certain ways has helped bring more reason to my life. Some of these are good traits, some of these are bad. Being sympathetic to others is good, but being overly emotional is not, and I am learning to strike a balance between the two. 

I would advise everyone to take a Myers-Briggs test to help understand themselves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment