Tuesday 4 January 2011

Away We Go

Whilst studying in America, I had the pleasure of watching the film Away We Go. Prior to watching it I had never even heard of it, and was eventually forced to the student union cinema to see it with my friend. Seeing as I would only be paying $1, I figured if it was bad at least I hadn't spent a lot of money on it.

It turned out to be one of the best and most uplifting films that I have ever seen. The story centres around two main characters, a couple named Verona and Burt. They discover that they are having a baby and this spurs them on to make a decision about where their life is headed. After discovering that Burt's parents are moving away, the couple no longer see why they have to live in their current location as once his parents go they no longer have any ties there.

The rest of the film focuses on the two travelling around America and Canada visiting various people they have met throughout their lives and try and decide if they could settle there or not.

The relationship between the two is amazing to watch. I came out of the film wishing that I could meet and marry a man like Burt, a man who so dearly loves his partner and just wants to make her happy (even though she's got fat). I think most women who watch this film end up leaving the cinema wishing they could meet a Burt, hopefully they exist in the real world...

2 comments:

  1. I love this film so very much!! Even I wish I could meet a Burt...and live in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just such a good film. The world needs more Burt's

    ReplyDelete