Saturday 8 January 2011

Try and Catch the Wind

"For me to love you now, would be the sweetest thing, 'twould make me sing"


Donovan's song 'Catch the Wind' is one of my favourite random discoveries over the past few years. I have to admit a guilty secret here, I only heard it because they played it on an episode of Casualty. I guess it's not where you find the song that matters though..

It has beautiful lyrics and very simple guitar, but this just makes it what it is - a fantastic song.

Donovan was always billed as the British Bob Dylan, and although I can hear the similarities I think I actually may prefer Donovan to Dylan. Once I heard 'Catch the Wind' I went on to listen to some of Donovan's other work and thought it was brilliant. The simplicity of his lyrics, but also the depth to which he goes is amazing.

So here it is, 2.13 seconds of beauty



No comments:

Post a Comment