Sunday 16 January 2011

I Love Johnny Weir

Ever since I dislocated my knee doing it when I was 14, I have had a massive fear of ice skating. The fear is in reality more of a nightmare, one that involves someone forcing me to don a pair of ice skates and pushing me out on to a frozen lake, but you don't need to know that..

Although I am terrified myself of ice skating, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate other peoples attempts at it. Since Dancing On Ice started on ITV a few years ago ice skating has become all the rage. It is no longer a boring sport, with top class skaters performing amazing routines to great contemporary songs. One of my favourite ice skaters (OK, the only one I actually know of..) is Johnny Weir from America. Johnny Weir doesn't give a shit, that is probably why I love him. He dances to whatever he wants, he wears ridiculous outfits - even more ridiculous than normal ones - and wears make up. He's like an ice skating GaGa.

I don't even know how I first found out about him, but I could honestly sit and watch him skate around in his tight Lycra jewel embellished outfits all day. The man is crazy, but crazy in a good way. I have a huge amount of respect for any man who can wear outfits as tight as he does and still look like the most masculine manly man in the world. He does moves I couldn't even imagine doing in a million years. I fucking love the guy.

So here is Johnny Weir, in his make up and tight black outfit dancing to Poker Face by Lady GaGa. Maybe one day men of the world you could be this cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment